Friday, November 6, 2009

Forgotten Photo Friday, White-breasted Nuthatch

I was really excited to get these White-breasted Nuthatch photos. I know a lot of my birding and blogging friends have lots of nuthatches. I used to have three species of nuthatches at my feeders in Colorado. Now I have gulls, gulls and more gulls. So for me, these were a treat.


©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

These photos got upstaged by the American Goldfinch bathing on the banks of the Ipswich River.

7 comments:

JPT said...

I'd never have known what that beautiful little bird was called. Nice shots.

Ginnymo said...

Great shots of him! I love these birds. They sound so cute. I have a couple that visit every day.

Roy said...

Nuthatches are great characters and always worth photographing. Lovely representative shots Steve.

Chris Petrak said...

Love it!!

Dave Ingram said...

Great images! Nice to know what kind of lens you're using as well. I'm looking into getting a good telephoto since my 105mm micro just doesn't have enough reach to photograph birds. These photographs are fantastic!

WR said...

wonderful shot of this busy, hardy little fellow!

Tabib said...

Typical Nuthatch posture.
I have yet to get a decent picture if this bird.

Related Posts with Thumbnails