Friday, November 20, 2009

Forgotten Photo Friday Don't you know you're floating with the king? II

This is a true Forgotten Photo Friday. It isn't that I forgot these photos, it is that I forgot to publish them. In May of 2008, I was taking a walk after work and I saw this raft of ducks. (Get it, raft of ducks?)

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

Well a male King Eider in breeding plumage sticks out like a sore thumb. I was just thrilled, because it was a life bird and I actually had a camera. (Right, like I'd go anywhere without my gear.)

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

When I posted Don't you know you're floating with the king?, I wanted to backlink to my King Eider photos. Well, wouldn't you know? I never posted them. Sorry for holding out.

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

8 comments:

madcobug said...

Very good Steve. His red beak really shows up. Helen

Eve said...

That really is a Kingly bird Steve. Would have been a thrill for me too!

Roy said...

Yes alright Steve "raft of ducks".{:)
Lovely images anyway. Thanks for posting.

Jenny said...

OMG! If I was envious before with the scruffy one, then I don't know what I am when I see these photos!
(-:
What a thrill that must've been Steve!

Frank said...

These are great shots Steve. Once again I learned something!

Kerri said...

What a lovely "king"! WOW!

The Early Birder said...

Thanks for remembering at last. Definitely a "King". FAB

Chris Petrak said...

wonderful shots of the eider - was this in the Gloucester harbor - I should be so lucky when I do my winter birding there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails