Sunday, November 15, 2009

Cape Neddick Nor' Easter

Saturday in Gloucester was a wash. It was raining like crazy, but the radar looked like I could high-tail it up to Portland, Maine to shoot the waves pounding Portland Head light. I made it as far as York, Maine and the weather wasn’t letting up. The storm was moving faster north than I could. So I took some shots in the pouring rain at Cape Neddick to shoot the “Nubble” light.

The tide was half way out and the salt spray and the driving rain are hard on the gear. I decided not to drive further north to Portland.

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

Scenic Sunday

7 comments:

Gaelyn said...

I'd say you caught the "nubble" light without the further drive. Excellent captures Steve.

matthew houskeeper said...

Good ol' Nubble.
I always liked this light.

Manang Kim said...

OMG this is very pretty!! I like photos with lighthouses don't know why. Here in MI they said we have 100++ but visited only less than 5 of them ^_^ Thanks for sharing!

Mine is here My Life’s Journey in Focus

Tabib said...

Oh.. what a waves!
I can see the red bulb of that Nubble lighthouse.

Chris said...

Hi Steve,
This looks like Iceland on Sunday.. Big wave, grey sky and wind!!! Terrible but beautiful!

Roy said...

Hey Steve, looks like your weather is similar to ours.

Steve Borichevsky said...

It wasn't bad for a Nor' Easter. It brought up some warm temperatures. Sunday was still cloudy, but nice out.

I'm glad you all stopped by and Manang Kim, I'd go crazy with hundreds of light houses to shoot!

Related Posts with Thumbnails