Sunday, October 18, 2009

Two Mid Autumn Dragons

The dragonfly season is winding down. There are still lots of meadowhawks out there, but soon it will be all over until next year. Here are two dragons that you may still see in Essex County. These were shot in Dogtown Commons on Cape Ann.

Autumn Meadowhawk

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

Autumn Meadowhawk

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

Whitefaced Meadowhawk

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

If you didn't see yesterday's Monster Wave pictures from Eastern Point, take a look. You will not be disappointed.



Visit Camera Critters

8 comments:

Calico Crazy said...

Wow, fabulous critter captures! Dragonflies have always interested me.

Calico Contemplations

Chris said...

Wow Steve. This is a beautiful set and the second picture is just wonderful. This is my favorite. The tones of the background is so nicely fitting to the color of the dragon!! Gorgeous.

Crafty Green Poet said...

I love dragonflies and these ones are gorgeous, their colours really blend in with the backgrounds too!

Valerie said...

Not sure I have ever come across your blog before, but so glad that I did. Just absolutely gorgeous pictures. I love the dragon fly faces and the Storm Surge from Saturday's post - so very beautiful, capturing the power of the sea.

Perry said...

Very well done. I know how hard these guys can be to capture well. Patience and luck!

Joy said...

Wow! You've got some mad photography skillz!

Eve said...

Great photos Steve!

Garden said...

These dragonflies are really nice. Wish I had a camera like yours!

Related Posts with Thumbnails