Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Scott Bridge, Townshend, VT

Along Rt 30 outside of Brattleboro is the town of Townshend. There you will pass the Scott Bridge, the longest wooden span bridge in Vermont that still remains.

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse
It is interesting to look at how they attempted to construct this span using a laminated arch.
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse
You can walk through the bridge. Since the sun was going down when I arived I wanted to take advantage of the light. When I got to the other side of the bridge, I was in for a little surprise.

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse
A film crew was shooting a documentary. They were happy to have me watch. I did chat with the crew and left them with my card. They were supposed to send me a link to the movie's website. I'll be damned, they never did. If any one knows what this was all about, please let me know! I'd like to see the film some day.
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse
The crew very quietly, frantically signals a car not to pass in the middle of the shot. A man with a rain stick soaks the actor standing outside of the car.

An reflection abstract.
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

I love this shot. Notice the rope swing on the far side hanging from the bridge.
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

For those who are new to SMU or are coming in from Watery Wendseday, be sure to take a look at this weeks Nor' Easter storm posts!

Visit Watery Wednesday

13 comments:

J Bar said...

Brilliant photos.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

WOW!! That is old Steve. Beautiful reflection too.

Frank said...

Hey Steve to bad they didn't need any extras. This could have been your big break....LOL

Arija said...

Another of your brilliant covred bridge photoessays with your great backstage shot of the filming thrown in. What an adventure and obviously you were in the right spot at the right time.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely photos and fun for you to watch the filming. My favorite is the last photo of the birdge and reflection is awesome.

Regina said...

Beautiful and awesome!

"My Post Here"

Linnea W said...

What a magical place!

Chris said...

Hi Steve,
Too bad you did not manage to get a ride in this nice car, and too bad they did not tell you what movie or documentary it was... As always beautiful shots of your area. I love the reflection shot a lot!

Chris Petrak said...

Your reflection photo was especially engaging - turn it 180 and you could have a Seurat or Monet or other abstractionist. Interesting about the film crew; nothing in the local paper about any filming.

Roy said...

Such unusual structures Steve. The abstract is brilliant.

Eve said...

Great post and really interesting interatcion with the film crew. Love the abstract Steve!Great photos!

A New England Life said...

Like you my favorite shot is the final one, with the rope swing. I have to say, I'm surprised after all these years some kids haven't burned the bridge down.

Great sign about the speed limit ... horses at a walk and cars 10 mph. That's old!

A most excellent bridge!

Steffe said...

What Chris said!

Related Posts with Thumbnails