Monday, October 12, 2009

Katy Lied

Katy Did?

Katy lies
You could see it in her eyes
But imagine my surprise
When I saw you
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse
Can't help it, I'm a Steely Dan fan.

I've seen a couple other Katydids this year, but they have been in the grasps of wasps being flown back to the nest. I was happy to see this one doing well.

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

I was shooting this Slaty Skimmer dragonfly. A black ant came trotting down the stick and the dragonfly yielded his perch.


©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

Then much to my delight, I was able to find this bug singing on this flower. He was hanging on, blowing in the breeze, swinging and singing his love song.



Oh yah, looking for luv.
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse



Visit Camera Critters

10 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

One of the sounds I would love to have singing me to sleep every night Steve. Some of these shots are stunning.

Chris said...

WOW Steve, what a fabulous set of images!!! I love them. and the movie is so nice. A nice post you got there.

A New England Life said...

The grasshopper sounds a little ticked off to me. LOL!

I guess in the bug world Ant beats Dragonfly.

kate said...

Katydids are super cool, did you know they have ears on their legs?! I just found that out a few weeks ago.

-kate

Eve said...

We still have plenty Katydids Steve...and I aint lyin!
Fun post for sure!

madcobug said...

Great series of shots. Loved the video. Helen

VALKYRIEN said...

What a great series of closeups! Especially the last one, beacause I have never seen them so close. I only hear them!

And I am a fan of Steely Dan too! :)

Kerri said...

The green on the yellow is absolutely gorgeous!

Roy said...

Great macros Steve, lots of colour.

Marah Saoudi said...

Quelle précision, c'est à la perfection bravo elles sont splendides, j'ai adorée :)

Tendre nuit, biz

Related Posts with Thumbnails