Saturday, October 3, 2009

Ein klein nachtmusik

A little bit of night music.

One of the engineering departments that I support had reached a milestone and decided to have a little gathering over on Rocky Neck (an area in East Gloucester) to celebrate. I never travel in Gloucester without my camera, so I threw it in the car with the tripod and drove over to the east side of town. By the time the party broke up at 7:30, the sun was down and it was dark. I have not experimented with night photography much and was over by the ship yards, so what the heck? It’s not like the old days when an experiment like this would cost me good chunk of change.

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

Scenic Sunday

14 comments:

Roy said...

I dont think you needed to experiment Steve as you got it dead right. Love the last two shots particularly.

Frank said...

FANTASTIC!!! I love the night shots. The water looks like glass

Richard said...

Great night shots. I don't have much of an opportunity to do them.
With the digital camera you can sure experiment a lot.

Petit Eyekiss said...

the night shots are beautiful.
Well done!
Have a nice weekend!

madcobug said...

These shots are beautiful. Helen

Carol Mattingly said...

Love those last two shots. Great stuff. Thank you for sharing those. I love your enthusiasm every time I go to your blog to check out what you've taken. Carol

eileeninmd said...

Well, I got to say you did wonderfully. All the photos are just awesome. Thanks for sharing your scenic Sunday.

Wilma said...

All the shots are lovely, but favorite is the 3rd from last. The indigo sky separated from the inky water by lights from sea and shore makes for a stunning shot.

Chris said...

Beautiful night atmosphere Steve. You really got it well! Well done!

Hundewanderer said...

Wonderful photos. Your site has got to be one of my top few favorites to visit everyday, it takes me to a world very different from my own. Thank you for sharing. hugs from Hundewanderer.

Guy D said...

I love these night shots, you captured it perfectly.

All the best
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Jill Berry said...

Nice work!

Chris Petrak said...

Very good results with the night experimenting - I have yet to try that.

Eve said...

Oh yes very nice Steve! Love the shot with the town and even the cloud shows up! Wonderful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails