Saturday, October 3, 2009

Early Autumn Bugs

I took a short walk in Dogtown yesterday to see if there were any dragons, birds, shrooms or foliage to be shot. It was more of a reconnaissance since I had a half hour to burn during lunch. This is what I have to show for efforts.

Judging by the brown legs, I'm calling this an Autumn Meadowhawk.
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

Spotted Spreadwing
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse


©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

Eastern Tailed-blue
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

Female Autumn Meadowhawk
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse


This little lady was a real flirt. I’ve notice that the Autumn Meadowhawks are a little more skittish than the other meadowhawks I’ve shot. I had to chase her a bit and then she settled down on a bush and flew up and grabbed the hair on my forehead. After that she went to this spot and let me move the branch around all I wanted.




Visit Camera Critters

25 comments:

dAwN said...

Awesome pics Steve...will now tweet this out on twitter...my twitter friends love bugs!

Whitemist said...

How absolutely awesome!
Your photos amaze me!

Janet Creamer said...

Awesome pics, Steve!

magiceye said...

amazing captures all!

Samson said...

Stunning photo's steve :)

madcobug said...

Beautiful shots. The last one must have fallen for you in the end. Just had to get over being scared
Helen

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Being attacked by dragons now are you Steve? LOL!! Great post!!

J Bar said...

Great shots.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

dreamfalcon said...

perfect idea to give those sometimes overseen bugs a gallery! nice pics!

Sashindoubutsu said...

Awesome! Your universe is indeed wonderfully captured by you :)

eileeninmd said...

Awesome photos and great captures!

Kerri said...

Love these Steve!! How nice to have a dragonfly flirt with you!

Denise said...

These are such enjoyable photographs. You just can't help but smile at these beautiful little creatures.

Della said...

These are so nice shots.

Nikki-ann said...

Fantastic bug shots :) Beautiful creatures (and it's not often I say that about bugs!).

Calico Crazy said...

What fabulous photos! You did really well for a lunch break.

Calico Contemplations

Carol said...

Great shots! Too bad someone did not get the shot of you with the dragonfly in your hair. Such wonderful creatures! Carol

Lady Banana said...

Beautiful shots!

Pagan Sphinx said...

Gosh. How DO you do it? Each and every one is perfection itself. That is nature's way and you just get it.
:-)

Evelyn Howard said...

They are such lovely photos.

Jill Berry said...

All the colors in that 1st one!
Wow!

Tammie Lee said...

I am impressed with your half hour of adventure and exploring! Seems you have found the beauty of autumn.

Eve said...

That's funny Steve! She must have been really hungry! Great photos!

Barb said...

I enjoyed each and every photo, Steve. The color and focus are outstanding.

Adrienne in Ohio said...

Wow! Such great shots! I was going to say I love the first one best, but I think it's just because of the bright foliage that I'd choose that one--they are all really fantastic!

Related Posts with Thumbnails