Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Scooped

I try to show folks something that they may have never seen before. When you live in Gloucester, that isn’t hard to do since compared to the 8 billion people on this planet, very few live in a Maritime New England fishing village.

I have to laugh at myself. Sometimes I get "this great idea", and it’s going to just be "awe inspiring". So I snapped this picture and thought I’d throw it up just to show how cleaver I am.

Lo and behold! I went up to GoodMorningGloucester and Cape Ann Images and saw the same picture. The next day, I was down there again and saw another photographer lining up the same shot!

Jay and Joey are both great guys and great photographers so don’t take this the wrong way. I’m just poking fun at myself for taking myself a little to seriously. The truth be known, I got a kick out of seeing how they did it too.

Masts on GMG
Masts on Cape Ann Images





5 comments:

Jay Albert said...

That's great Steve and so are the photos! I get the same ideas,usually spur of the moment type. But is is interesting to see a different perspective. I mention in my header that "The subjects may be the same but the light from the sea & sky will morph the subject into a form of art".You can add to the "sea and sky"...a different mind!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

LOL!! Shows what creative thinkers we are. :)

Roy said...

It all goes to show Steve, that you are all three extremely talented Photographers.

goodmorninggloucester said...

Just for the record Steve and Jay are much better photographers than I am, but thanks.

Will you be putting anything together for the September Block Party?

A New England Life said...

There are such great photographers in your community Steve with plenty of subject to go around. Funny how we try to be so original sometimes only to find out others were thinking the same thing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails