Saturday, September 5, 2009

Late Arrivals

The Liberty Clipper.
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

Didn't get this schooner's name. I'll get it tomorrow and update this.
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse
This isn't a schooner, but sometimes you have to throw a curve ball.
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

The Schooner Virginia comes home to Gloucester, back to
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

See the sailor up on the mast to the right? Yes, this sailor is in all of the photos of the Virginia above!
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

The Estrela comes in from a day's sailing.
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

I’m deviating from my normal post-a-day mode. I’m just a few minutes walk from all the action and some of it is right in my front yard, so I can post throughout the day without missing a beat.

Post Script: REALLY late arrivals

The Roseway.



The Fame out of Salem.


Scenic Sunday

7 comments:

Eve said...

Wow you've been having some fun Steve!! All these pictures are so fantastic. I love the Maryland flag below and that sun shot over the mast!! Wow...wish I was there to see all these great boats!

Wilma said...

Great series of posts, Steve. So much exciting activity and lovely photos to boot!

Kelly said...

...that's a lot of very cool boats (I also liked the doggy express shot...so cute!). Lovely photos...you capture the excitement of seeing these ships so well.

The Early Birder said...

Wow, what an exciting weekend you have had & everything on your doorstep. I enjoyed this series so much. FAB

christina said...

You show us the most lovely ships!! great shots!!

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful photos of the schooners ships.

matthew houskeeper said...

Looks like you are having a blast.
I am not familiar with FAME.

Related Posts with Thumbnails