Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I probably shouldn't show you these.

This sub was being tugged into the Navy Shipyard in Portsmouth, NH. I was taking a sight seeing cruise on the Tug Ally Too. We were surprised to see this coming at us.

Yes, folks, there were USCG boats, Navy boats, the two big tugs, police boats and a lot of people with guns. I wasn’t too sure if they would appreciate a big telephoto lens pointing at them, click-click-click, so I played it cool, not worrying too much about getting the best shots. But hey, for a guy that came from Colorado, this isn’t something that I saw every day.

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

Visit Watery Wednesday

11 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

WOW!! I am glad you were not caught and locked up Steve. :) If that does happen, let me know and I will bail you out. :)

Great shots. I will never know how the men can live on those subs month after month. I would go crazy if I did not see the sunlight. But I guess we are all born to do differnet jobs and we each have our niche to fill.

hip chick said...

Hey!!! You were in my neck of the woods. I recognize that blue and yellow!

Eve said...

Wow that's cool Steve! My brother was on the USS Whale stationed in Groton, CT. She is decommissioned and my brother lives in Plymouth!

A New England Life said...

What a rebel! ; )

They have guns but they're just trying to look tough. They stand around at the Coast Guard Station looking the same way. LOL!

You always get the great shots. How come when I go to Portsmouth I don't see something like that? Lucky you Steve!

Chris said...

Well lucky you they did not arrest you!! Now you are a military paparazzi!! Be careful!

Jay Albert said...

Great shots Steve! I saw one offshore years ago but only the periscope zipping by! Didn't know if it were friend or foe,it didn't sink me so I think it was ours!

Hundewanderer said...

Cool sighting! My dad was on the USS Henry L. Stimson, I'll have to share your pictures with him.

Roy said...

Hey Steve.
Nice shots (Oops bad choice of word there).
Looks like a "Hunter/Killer" rather than a "Bomber".

"Ahm!. You have the right to remain silent" etc! etc!

Kay said...

How totally cool. It's ok to see them. I used to have a Top Secret Clearance back when i was working.
(LOL)

Kay

madcobug said...

Very good! Unusual shots you got there. Helen

matthew houskeeper said...

Great shots.
The Electric Boat yard in Groton has all these signs posted stating that it is a FEDERAL CRIME to photograph the premises.

If we don't see any posts from you in a month, we will know why. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails