Thursday, September 17, 2009

Gloucester Harbor and Eastern Point Light

I’m starting to play with the wide angle capabilities of my smaller lens. It seems to be opening up the possibilities of new textures and gives an idea of the beauty and size of Gloucester Harbor. I just shot this tonight during an after work walk.



Below is Eastern Point Light, shot from the same general area as when I shot the waves of Bill when I had my larger lens and wished I had my smaller. This photo was take last Sunday Morning. I was taken by the puffy white clouds in the background.

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

11 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

I so like what you have done here.

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

Hey SMU, we're skywatch neighbors this week. Your photos are simply stunning. The water is so peaceful and the lighthouse so WHITE such a beacon!

J Bar said...

Fantastic.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Louise said...

These are truly incredible captures!

Sylvia K said...

I love them both! The sailing ship and the peaceful feel of the first one is marvelous and the puffy clouds as a backdrop for the lighthouse! Perfection!

Have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Kitty said...

The lighthouse looks as though it has been washed clean by the sea over night.

I do like the vista of the harbour - the tall ship gives such an idea of scale.

Chris said...

Hi Steve,
Wow I love this first shot... It is quite impressive, and the emptiness is just surprising! Well done. Have a nice week end.

hip chick said...

Great shots!! I love visiting your blog.

Pearl Maple said...

Fabulous photos for Sky Watch Friday and showing off the beauty of the region.

Roy said...

More wide angle shots please Steve. You even managed to get great light on that first one that otherwise looked impossible.

Eve said...

OH YEAH Steve, throwing in a different mix is a good thing!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails