Monday, September 7, 2009

Schooner Estrela and taking a little break.

After so much activity this week, I'm feeling a bit burned out and need to take a brake. B and I went down to Salem to visit our friend Eric at the Salem Wine Imports. Eric has a wonderful wine selection and has wine from $9.00 on up. If you are in the Salem area and don't know of his shop, you owe it to yourself, especially if you love wine or want to try something different, to visit Eric.



This got me out of Gloucester for a few hours, away from shooting boats and editing photos. Now that I'm back in the office, I can get back to work.

It's time for me to start showing you the good stuff. The Estrela from Prudance Isl. R.I. caught my eye a couple of years ago sailing into the harbor. She is a beautiful schooner. She gave us an awesome show coming right by our dory, into the Boulevard and back out again in full sail. We were on the north side of her with the wind coming out of the north, so she was screaming by.

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

I have lots to post and I'm still organizing the main body of material. Keep checking in throughout the next few days. I will have lots more from the Parade of Sails, photos from the "dock side", and much, much more.

3 comments:

Thoughtfully blended hearts said...

I wish you knew how much I enjoy all of your photos...I'm a land locked Tennesseean married to a retired Navy submariner...he always treats me to stories when I show him your pix...thanks so much...

Chris said...

Hi Steve,
Well she is gorgeous... I would like to sail such a boat... We do not have this kind of boat around here, Iceland has strangely a very poor sailing history!

Roy said...

More great images Steve, just keep them coming.

Related Posts with Thumbnails