Monday, August 24, 2009

Presents from Bill

On Sunday monring, what was left of hurricane Bill went up the coast past Maine and into Nova Scotia. We had wonerful weather and some waves. I didn't have my attention on shooting Eastern Point Light, I wanted to see if there were some shore birds migrating through. When I arrived, I didn't see shore birds, but this is what I saw.

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

The rock formation is know as Mother Ann which you can see on an earlier post.

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

Since my target was shore birds and not Eastern Point Light, I was packing my big 70-300 mm lens. When I went back to the parking lot it was emptying out. The Eastern Point Security was only allowing folks to stay in the parking lot which was a poor vantage for shooting the action. In a couple of hours the area that I was standing would be awash. I would have been long gone by then anyway. Mom didn’t raise no fool. But I couldn’t go back with the shorter lens. Oh well, I’m happy with what I shot.

17 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Fantastic wave shots Steve. You really captured the motion very well.

Mary said...

I can almost hear the sound of the surf. Beautiful!

madcobug said...

You have some great shots of those waves. I like the one of the lighthouse where the water shoots straight up. I can see those gulls looking like they are taking shelter in the rocks. Helen

Roy said...

We are all happy with what you shot Steve, the light you have achieved in these images is amazing.

Eve said...

Yes you did wonderfully with the lens you had Steve. I guess the storm was deadly up in Maine. A very sad story there.

Abraham Lincoln said...

I could spend a long time there at the lighthouse shooting scenes, waiting for the big wave to make a splash there. Wow. Such beautiful places and excellent photography.

A New England Life said...

Nice spray shots, Steve. I like that first one of the wave. It must have been something to see. Can't believe I never made it to the beach yesterday!

Glad your mom didn't raise no fool ; )

VALKYRIEN said...

Awesome shots of the roaring sea! And don't be sorry Steve! I have been away for 2-3 weeks and have not been able to visit anyone! :)

dAwN said...

NICE stormy shots! Nice to go out and experience that..but yeah..good thing your mom raised you right.

Janie said...

Beautiful, especially that first shot of the waves.

Robin said...

Glad you didn't get washed away. A sad day for many of us here, though. We had catastrophic damage here, smashed boats, destroyed piers, floats ramps, a near drowning and terribly frayed nerves. Tens of thousands of dollars got torn away here.

Cindy said...

Nice shots, I love pics of the surf breaking over the rocky shore! Glad you were too smart for Bill and moved on.

Jan's Place USA and Mt Forest Pictures said...

wonderful powerful shots!

Barb said...

You had some rough seas there.The ocean spray and the texture of the rocks in your photos are wonderful.

Andy said...

HOLY COW BATMAN!

Jenny said...

Fantastic weather/scenery shot Steve. Like Roy, I love the light in these photos!

matthew houskeeper said...

Fantastic shots.

Related Posts with Thumbnails