Monday, July 20, 2009

Pleasant Street, off of Main Street

Gloucester has good deal of wonderful architecture. Pleasant street has some interesting buildings and homes. I like to walk up here every once in a while. The first photo was shot on Saturday morning as the fog was burning off.

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

On Sunday, we woke up to a clear blue sky. This is one of my favorite brick buildings in town. It looks like it has had several uses in the past. Now the first floor holds upscale art galleries.
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

7 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

These are wonderful old buildings and I wonder if they could talk what stories they might tell.

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

What a perfect name - Pleasant Street!

TV Tower on Sinhagad - Going Inside Clouds

A New England Life said...

I can hardly wait to walk the streets of your quaint little New England town Steve. (You know what I mean. ha haa!)

Abe Lincoln said...

These are beautiful buildings. It is nice they are being kept up and looking good.

Your visit will count and help me Make History.

Pick a Peck of Pixels

Richard said...

Sure would be nice to know the history of that building. It's very unusual looking. Wonder what it was first used for?

SandyCarlson said...

Nice to see such beauty preserved!

VALKYRIEN said...

Both buildings are beautiful! Love the funny balconies on the first, they don't look like my balcony! Mine is not so romantic!
But I do understand you are fond of the second house. Beautiful color and architecture!

Related Posts with Thumbnails