Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Watery Wednesday, Visiting a Lobster Pound and the World's Best Lobster Roll.

I hope you have 10 minutes to spend watching this video. Joey Ciaramitaro is a hard working family man that just loves to show people what it is like on the Gloucester waterfront and through his blog, GoodMorningGloucester, introduces us to a lot of the small businesses on Cape Ann. I love his blog and visit daily. He won't own up to it, but he has some creative photography.

I shot this photo of the waterfront of Captain Joe and Sons after I did the interview. I’d like to introduce you to the man in the blue shirt.

©2009 ShootingMyUniverse



The view from Captain Joe and Sons.
©2009 ShootingMyUniverse

Be sure to check out the spotted lobster on GMG.

To see more work by Mark Teiwes who photographed the Gloucester's Working Waterfront, visit MarkTeiwes.com.

Visit Watery Wednesday

15 comments:

The Early Birder said...

Great post Steve & very informative interview with Joey and the lobsters.

ewok1993 said...

Blogging at work, so no videos are available to view :(

But your photos are fantastic though. Will try to see if I can squeeze some time viewing this at home.

Happy wednesday.

James said...

Really great post. I haven't had lobster in years. It's about time I had some with no celery of course. :-)

Denise said...

Wonderful post and pretty shots of Gloucester. I enjoyed the interview also. Thank you very much.

Jay Albert said...

Good one Steve!
Next thing you know you'll be interviewing for 60 minutes!
Your fellow "guerilla" !

Martha Z said...

Informative, lobsering is not something we know much about here in California.

Kelly said...

Great interview and video!!! ....and I learned a lot too, especially the differences between the male and female lobster. Looks like that was a good deal of work, but worth every minute (especially for us land-locked midwesterners.) Thanks.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

A wonderful post and interview Steve. I am not sure how people can eat these things though. :)

Regina said...

Really wonderful. Excellent post.

NatureFootstep said...

looks like vacation to me. Great shots.

hip chick said...

Great photo's. I hope you had a nice dinner after your visit.

Eve said...

I'm so sad Steve. For some reason my DSL has an issue that we need to resolve. I think it's the phone line from the pole to the house...very cheap. A ten minute video turns into 20! Hopefully we'll fix that soon. Even the blogs with larger pictures slow me down quite a bit. :-(

Dawn said...

That was fun..enjoyed the video!
Nice blog..
Please come to our Birders who blog chirp and tweet get together..
http://dawnandjeffsblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/birders-who-blog-tweet-and-chirp-june.html

srp said...

I love these boats and in the post above... the tugboat. We have a section of the intercoastal waterway and numerous drawbridges in our area. There are three tugboats that tie up near the main bridge I use and I have always wanted to stop and take some pictures... but no parking allowed. Thanks for sharing.

Paul F Frontiero Jr. said...

AWESOME VIDEO! Joey's a true "Gloucesterman"
He's a great asset to our community. I've learned a lot about my Hometown from GMG. Thanks for the interview.
also thanks to linking to my site. Paul

Related Posts with Thumbnails