Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thinking Green Thursday, Fuzzy Pictures

Last April 29, I created a post about Piping Plovers. I’m happy to say that Sunday was the first sighting of Piping Plover chicks.

On Sunday, I got a few shots off of a couple of the adults. The chicks appeared as I was photographing some Least Turns. The second parent here was foraging with three chicks.





It’s best to leave the chick alone, so my shots are from a distance. But I like these shots. They really show that we have a tiny creature in a big world.






But even blown up, the shots are still a little fuzzy.




Be sure to visit Thinking Green Thursday!

18 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

That is SO cute Steve!! I always love the babies of everything.

A New England Life said...

I can't believe you were able to get so close to them Steve. I thought breeding areas were off limits. Aren't the babies adorable!

Arija said...

What a cute little chick wandering alone in the big bad world! Great shots.

Shaun said...

I like the photo second from top.... it looks a little cold. Very nice.

Steve B said...

Thanks, Joan, Shaun and Arija.

Hi Sharon, The actuall breeding areas are off limits and protected. However once they are out of the shell, they are able to wander freely. I really wasn't anywhere near them. The closest that they wanderded towards me was 100'.

John Theberge said...

Fantastic photos, I know how tricky the white on white exposure can be.

Abe Lincoln said...

A big world indeed.

I managed to get a new blog started a few days ago. It is only about flowers.

Our Flower Pot

Kerri said...

Oh how adorable! Babies just make my heart sing!!

ButterYum said...

Your photos never cease to amaze me. Wonderful!!!

T and S said...

Beautiful series, Those images of the juvenile are awesome, you are a lucky guy to get images of that juvenile.

dAwN said...

Aweeeeeeee...those chicks are adorable...Great photos!

Tabib said...

Beautiful photos and cute chick, so 'comel'.

Chris Petrak said...

Terrific photos!

JPT said...

Good stuff!

Eve said...

So very cute Steve! They remind me of the killdeer chicks I had grow up in my yard a few years ago. It is a very special memory for me.

Roy said...

Just fantastic Steve. The chicks in particular.

2sweetnsaxy said...

Awwww! The chicks look so tiny! How cute!

Cindy said...

such a cute little baby bird!! As always great picture

Related Posts with Thumbnails