Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Brown Pelicans of Monterey

Here are five images of Brown Pelicans taken in five different styles. Hope you enjoy!

Brown Pelican. © 2009 ShootingMyUniverse
Here is the ambassador of Old Fisherman’s Pear, taken with deep depth of field. More of a scenic than a bird shot.

Brown Pelican. © 2009 ShootingMyUniverse
This second image was taken off a beach and captures behavior. I think that he was contemplating whether he could deal with this fish.

Brown Pelican. © 2009 ShootingMyUniverse
This is a portrait shot. I like to get as many field marks as possible. Notice the California sun-bleached hair! You will recognize this as my friend from the Good Morning Gloucester photo shoot. Be sure to get a model release before publishing.

Brown Pelican. © 2009 ShootingMyUniverse
A photograph for setting a mood.

Brown Pelican. © 2009 ShootingMyUniverse
Finally, the “fine art” shot.

6 comments:

Eve said...

These are incredibly wonderful and funny Steve. I really love the scenic shot! What aperture did you use??? Super deep and wonderful, Ansel Adams would be proud!

Richard said...

Great pictures. I'm learning new techniques just looking at them.

Steve B said...

Hi Eve,
Since I was using my 70-300mm Lens, I was shooting about f16 to f22.

Good point Richard, this is why blog and link to others, so I can learn. We have a saying here, all boats rise with the tide.

Tabib said...

The last portrait look like Arthur Morris @ BIRDS AS ART.
Great!

Mary said...

oh what wonderful shots, all!

Unknown said...

Great shots! So could the pelican really eat that huge fish inside its pouch in that one photo? Could you also see it wriggling around inside its pouch trying to escape?!

-Kyle

Reply: Mexicankyle35@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails