Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Weather Vanes

I found these two weather vanes in the same town. It is interesting to look at the similarities of the construction of the two pieces. Note the letters and the materials are the same. They are both rather primitive and are on buildings that date to the mid 1800s. The first weather vane is located on top of a church.

© 2008 ShootingMyUniverse

This weather vane is located on top of a school. My eye was caught by the unusual quill pen motif. This is the first time I’ve seen one like this.
© 2008 ShootingMyUniverse

© 2008 ShootingMyUniverse

7 comments:

NCmountainwoman said...

I love old weathervanes. So simple and do exactly what they are designed to do.

Kallen305 said...

Very primitive and that's what makes them so interesting to look at.

The last one reminds me of a bird feather.

John Theberge said...

Hmmm, the bottom one could be called a feathervane.

Kerri said...

WOW! These are so unique! LOVE 'em!

Eve said...

Oh I thought the first one was nice but I really love the feather!!! (Quill) Ha Ha I just read Johns comment!!! VERY FUNNY John!!
Thanks Steve...keep'em comin!!!

Steve B said...

Yes, John, I'll never look at this one the same way again!

Thanks for all the comments. Say, I you haven't checked out Kerri's photo blog, go up to A Little Piece of Me (link to the right). She got some great stuff.

(See you all later, it's 7:35 am and I got to go to the "J.O.B.")

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

That is very different one Steve. I have not seen one like that either.

Related Posts with Thumbnails