Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow, day two.

It’s not too bad of a storm. It is hard for me to tell how much snow we have because the wind is always blowing here. We have some drifts from last night and today the wind has died down to about 10 miles per hour.

I took a bit of a stroll around the docks. Since the sidewalks were not plowed, I had to walk through drifts and walk in the road so I didn’t stray too far. You will recognize these boats from last week when the tide was high. I took this one at low tide.





It is always fun to shoot some color in the snow. These lobster pots make a fun photographic distraction.

We have more of the same weather planned for tonight and tomorrow.

7 comments:

A New England Life said...

Hi Steve,

Can you believe this weather just before Christmas? Nice pictures. I like the lobster pots.

Do all the fisherman still go out in weather like this? And do they go out on Saturdays?

Get ready ... here comes another storm!

Sharon

Eve said...

Looks pretty much like here...except the lobster pots!!! I love it!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Well you certainly have some snow there Steve!! There is a big difference in those boat shots for sure.:)

Marvin said...

Good to hear that the storm wasn't quite as bad as predicted. The colorful contrast provided by the lobster pots works well. Great shot.

Dry here, but forecast to get very cold (for Arkansas).

Kerri said...

WOW! The lobster pots are FABULOUS! Wonderful capture!!!!

Steve B said...

Hi Eve, From the docks that I made it to yesterday, most are still tied up. I did see a couple come in last night.

Thanks Kerri, the comment helps warm me up after trudging around yesterday.

Joan, Marvin, can you believe it? We are getting hammered again today! This time it is wet.

Mary said...

Love the contrast of the colors against the snow. Beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails