Monday, October 27, 2008

The yellows are dominating now or "Steve B goes Point and Shoot"

This is a graveyard in Ipswich, Massachusetts. The colors were just amazing. And why not do a posting about a grave yard? They are actually fascinating places, especially in this part of the country. This graveyard was originally set aside in the 17th century, but I couldn’t find any headstones from that period.


I met this father and a son reading the head stones. He lamented that he didn’t have his camera with him. (What was he thinking? It’s autumn in New England for Pete’s sake.)



This is a cemetary in the center of Essex village. The leaves there were turning red and yellow on the same trees.



The drive home took my by another grave yard and I had to just pull out the camera. I was enthralled by the long shadows, the backlit sugar maple leaves and the headstones in shadows.

My wife went to the wine blogger’s conference in Sonoma. I was playing the bachelor. She took the D80 with the 18-200mm lens. I blew the dust off the Cannon PowerShot A70 and grabbed the other D80 and went out to do some leaf-peeping. I didn't know what I wanted to call this post until I realized all three of these were taken with the point-and-shoot.

5 comments:

Eve said...

The pictures are wonderful...you just can't go wrong with a Canon
;-) That's a lot of leaves too!!

John Theberge said...

I passed a cemetary this weekend and it was all yellow like this one. The only difference I didn't take any photos, my loss.

Kathleen Valentine said...

It's so interesting that you should post this right now. Yesterday in the late afternoon I was in Oak Grove Cemetery here in Gloucester and the leaves were so gorgeous and the shadows so long and dramatic I was regretting not bringing my camera.

Your work is beautiful.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Wonderful colors Steve!!

Steve B said...

Thanks to all for stopping by again!

Eve, I used to shoot Cannon when I was shooting film. I also had a fully manual Nikon EM2. These cameras were bullet proof and were used on Antarctic expeditions.

John, Kathleen, sorry to hear you weren’t properly outfitted.

Related Posts with Thumbnails