Sunday, October 5, 2008

Mockingbird

Gray Catbird, 17 May 2008 (c)2008 ShootingMyUniverseI’ve been a little under the weather the last few days. I had a flu take me out of commission on Friday.

Yesterday, my wife and I took a trip up to Plum Island with a friend. We were walking along a trail and I heard the warbling of a Grey Catbird. I though to myself, “Huh, it’s Fall, Grey Catbirds are supposed to be gone by now and certainly not singing a mating call.” Then the mistakes in the song became apparent. It must be a Mockingbird. Sure enough. He was very cooperative and posed for a few shots.

Mockingbird (c)2008 ShootingMyUniverse

2 comments:

SAPhotographs said...

A brilliant picture Steve. Some birds are such great mimics.

I am glad you are feeling better. I was down with it myself for a few days and it was awful. I guess it is that time of year though.

John Theberge said...

Lucky you to be able see the mockingbird and to get an awesome photo.

Related Posts with Thumbnails